December 22, 2009

I Love Chocolate!

I picked up this fabulous book at Chapters called "I Love Chocolate!".

Sorry -- There is no author information on this large paperback. I have added some pics -- maybe you will recognize it in your local bookstore.


This book is fabulous! 200 recipies from cocoa to chocolate mousse. It gives you the history, some traditional ways of making chocolate, information on the cocoa plant and alot more.

Fact: White chocolate is not really chocolate at all. Legally it is called "white confectionery coating".

The recipes in this book involve the use of couveture chocolate. I am interested in the recipies that call for melted couveture to be turned back into its original solid state. This process is called tempuring, and the I Love Chocolate, gives indepth information.

The book shows you how to cut out shapes, how to create chocolate leaves -- using actual leaves, and how to work with chocolate moulds.

I hope you are able to get your hands on this fascinating book.

No comments:

Post a Comment