February 10, 2010

Decadent Cake Truffles

Wow! I think I made over a 100! Chocolate cake mixed with icing, and topped with chocolate.

This past weekend, all I could think about was Cake Balls. I was inspired by the Cake-o-logy Blog. I found an easy recipe online, and came up with these:

They were a hit at work. They were fun to make, but the process is pretty tedious. I must have individually rolled them for about 2 hours and I added valentine candy on top. They were melt in your mouth delicious. I am going to retitle them Cake Truffles.

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating

Directions

1.Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble after cooled into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.

2.Place in fridge to cool for about two hours.

3.Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.

4.Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment