February 27, 2010

I Promise!

Wow! I am checking out my blog post count for February so far. Yikes! below ten. You may think to yourself that my attention is waining. Not so. However, in my excitement to learn all that I can, I find that my focus tends to Jump all over the place in the world of confections. So. Here is what I have decided:

Pick one area - Cake Decorating
Blog at least 15 times per month
Practice and Perfect

Yes I know, that I have started learning chocolatiering, but my strength is growing in the decoration of baked goods. I am also finding that as I jump all over the place, my finances become a tad stretched. Focusing, on a particular trade will allow me to stick to a budget. So as I write this, my current excitement grows(which is what I need to always occur). Taking too much onto your plate, sets you up for not completing your goals and and allowing the dreaded fear of failure to set in.

On that note, LET'S GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF CAKE DECORATING!

This upcoming week, it is on to Wilton Level 3 Fondant and Tiered Cakes. I will learn intricate accents such as embroidery and lace, stringwork, garland and ruffle borders. I will finally understand (finally)the basic concept behind working with rolled fondant. More flowers will be added to my repertoire. And last but not least, I will be assembling and decorating a towering tiered cake with beautiful stringwork, flowers and borders.

Hmmm... so can we see, why the need to focus would be very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment