August 13, 2010

LV Mini Purses and Cupcakes

I am very thankful as I receive orders. It's funny how life is. Last year, I was in limbo in terms of personal goals. In the back of my mind the thought was there with regards to cake decorating.

One year later - after finishing all 4 levels of Wilton Cake Decorating and sharing countless samples, potential customers are approaching me about my new found interest. It shows that if you work on achieving a goal, you can attain it. Just wanted to share that with you, as I am also thankful that you have decided to stop by to view or follow my blog.

And on to my latest order:

I received an order from a co-worker. His Son Drew is turning One and he and his wife were interested in a dozen eggless banana cupcakes. Six would have the initial S after his mother's name, and the other six would have the initial D which represented Drew. Here they are.

I topped them off chocolate buttercream icing, gumpaste initials and if you look closely I added chocolate wafers as well. Too cute!

His wife's Birthday is fast approaching as well and she has a strong fashion sense. He decided to surprise her with a set of mini LV Purse cakes.

The flavour is red velvet and I worked this look with fondant and gumpaste. I piped the LV logo using royal icing. These were fun to make and photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment