March 6, 2011

Tinkerbell Cake


Thank you so much to my friend Tricia who requested that I decorate a cake for her daughter Tia.  Tia is turning two and is apparently a fan of Tinkerbell.

This cake is a two layered white cake and is covered in buttercream icing.  I was able to apply the image to the cake using the cocoa transfer method. 


I enlarged a coloring sheet of Tinkerbell, then printed it out. Then I taped it to a small empty box. I used a push pin to poke small holes all around her for an outline. The picture is placed the picture on top of the cake. I then spread a tsp. of cocoa over the picture to complete the outline.




I removed the picture, and had an outline to do the icing with. I outlined her in black first, then filled in all the other colors next. I also added some gumpaste and royal icing flowers.

And voila!  Tinkerbell!


No comments:

Post a Comment