January 10, 2010

Easy Truffles!

I have finally found an easy truffle recipe for my first batch of truffles. It is a 2 ingredient truffle recipe using cream cheese and chocolate chips. Since I have already learned how to temper chocolate, I will continue to work with my couveture chocolate. On that note, I have now turned this two ingredient recipe into a 3-4 ingredient combination. This recipe should made 12 truffles.

I used Merckens melts in dark cocoa, and red for the outer coating, and chocolate couveture for the inside. I used colour to give these delicious treats a vibrant visual contrast. I spooned 3 oz of cream cheese into a bowl and stirred it until it was a smooth consistency.

I melted 3 oz of dark couveture chocolate, and then poured it into the cream cheese. I stirred the two together, and placed th mixture (covered) in the refrigerator for 1/2 an hour (15 minutes btw is fine) to cool and stiffen.

I removed my cream cheese / chocolate mixture from the refrigerator. I decided to use the Merckens Red for part of this batch. I formed my truffles into large marble size balls. I lined baking sheet with wax parchment paper.

I melted 2 oz of red candy melts using a microwave oven. I spooned out my chocolate mixture with a melon baller. I inserted a toothpick into the ball and then dipped it into the melts. I removed the ball from the toothpick and placed it on the wax paper. I made 6 red truffles. I melted about 4 of the Merckens cocoa melts and drizzled it onto my red truffles.

I used the same process, but now dipping the balled mixture into the Merckens Cocoa. As I finished each of those truffles, I sprinkled shredded coconut on them.

And VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment